Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nathan and Sarah's Wedding

Mom, Dad, Kyle, and I rented a Chrysler Town and Country and drove over to Watervliet, Michigan for Nathan and Sarah's wedding. Our hotel was right on Lake Michigan in St. Joseph, and it was beautiful!

We were pretty amused about the sparkle floor in the elevator at the hotel.

Every time we got into the elevator we had to do a little disco dancing.

Friday night we went to the Pump House Grille for dinner and drinks with the family.
On Saturday morning we took a walk on the beach. I chased seagulls.

We walked down the pier to the lighthouse and watched the sailboats come in to the marina.

And of course we stuck our feet in, even though it was a little cold.

I didn't get too many pictures, but we explored the downtown St. Joseph area. It was really charming, and had lots of interesting street art pieces. They had mosaic mirror cows, painted pigs, and this cute little lamb.

Saturday evening we headed over to Millcreek Barn where the wedding took place. It was a gorgeous spot that had a rustic feel. I thought that it was very unique to the couple. The tables were decorated with mason jars of white flowers, antique books tied together with twine, lanterns, and antique skeleton keys.

Instead of having a cake, they had a dessert table. All of the cookies, cupcakes, and treats were made by my aunt, Sarah, and Nathan.

Mom and Dad got all dressed up.

Here is my Grandma, Grandpa, my dad, and his sisters.


The best part....
Nathan's vows started with "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.....

You make me happy, when skies are gray."
Congratulations you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment