Saturday, September 10, 2011

Roots n Blues '11

I volunteered to work for artist relations at Roots and Blues this year. On Friday I worked at the hospital all day, but was able to make it downtown in time to see some of Railroad Earth and all of Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Kyle was volunteering and go to see music all day from backstage at the Locust Street Stage.

Saturday night we volunteered for artist relations. We got to "work" backstage, which was super cool. I got to listen and watch Dale Watson, Sam Bush (who is one of my bluegrass favorites), Los Lobos, and Taj Mahal from backstage. I got to meet and hang out with Los Lobos, and they were super nice guys. I even danced with Conrad Lozano, the bass player, during Sam Bush's set.

The highlight of the night, without a doubt, was Sam Bush and Los Lobos together playing Dear Mr. Fantasy which wasn't on their set-list. Legendary!

No comments:

Post a Comment