Saturday, July 2, 2011

KC 4th of July



As a St. Bernard thank you we were offered two VIP tickets to Umphrey's McGee in at the Crossroads in Kansas City. We booked a hotel room at the Hyatt Crown Center.

Here's our view from our room on the 34th floor.

We swam in the pool in the afternoon. The we went to dinner at a nice Italian place in the shopping center before the show.


We especially enjoyed what we named the "bucky ball sculpture" in the lobby.


I didn't bring my camera because we walked from the hotel to the venue, so I didn't want to carry a bunch of stuff. I got one shot with my phone.

Looks kinda steamy, huh? It was a hot out!

I've listened to the recording of the show twice already. It rocked!

The next day we had some time to kill, so we went to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum. We could have spent all day there, easy! Here's me standing on the front step, overlooking the one of the World's Largest Shuttlecocks.


One of our favorite exhibits was Roxy Paine's Scumak's and Dendroids. Here's a picture from above of the Scumak maker:


And here's one of the finished pieces:


I was almost too overwhelmed to take pictures. It was amazing and I'd love to go back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment